Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My living room window

The first step to updating my house was to take down the pictures where my new ones are going to hang.  Then, I had to think about the windows in the front of my house.  I have two bay window seats.  My dogs jump on them and have damaged the woodwork.  They peed on my drapes, so I shortened them.  Not so great . . . This HAS to stop.  So,  I'm going to take out the window seats, create top treatments, and repair the wood .  My original design is this drawing:



I'm thinking of mounting a strip of plexiglass on the front to keep the dogs from jumping up. They're Westies, so they can barely make it now . . .

Chris Madden Plaid Double Waterfall Valance

I have put up a waterfall valance like the one above, but with pleats instead of tassels and a cranberry color. Trying to decide if I like it.  I can still return it.  What do you think?  Any ideas?





















No comments:

Post a Comment