Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Head Planters

Commercial Street in Provincetown, Mass.  (P-Town) is much like Duval Street in Key West,  except maybe a little up-scale.  One thing I saw in some shops, and a few New England yards, was head planters. 



 I want head planters!!  So I started researching them online.  They're out there. Not a lot. Pretty expensive . . . but adorable!!

head palnterns.jpg


So what am I going to do?  I've spent all my money on art . . . and a new window topping for my living room bay window (my Westies insisted on peeing on long drapes, so I had to do something different.)

Well, I am an artist at heart.  So the solution is . . . MAKE HEAD PLANTERS!!  Want to come along on this adventure?  Follow this blog as I hang my artwork, create head planters, and get ready for a gala Christmas party!

I think I should re-name this blog "The Empty Nester."  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. great Susan, I've been making them out of air dried clay, & of course realize the water problem I'm having...... only just found pinterest thanks for info..will turn to your recipe...love the music on the tiki head...Thanks Wishes Tasmania OZ

    ReplyDelete